Bible rebinding extends the life of a cherished Bible with a NEW cover
Our Bible rebinding offers a large selection of leathers and materials with options for Bible personalization
Bible rebinding looks great in beautiful and durable goatskins, cow plonge leathers, exotics, bonded leathers and more!
Bible rebind in Goatskin
The finest vegetable tanned goatskin in the world sourced directly from Nigeria. We recommend new covers in Sokoto or River Grain Goatskin for durability and a better hot foil stamping surface. Click on photos for larger images.
Bible Rebind in Cowhide
A bible rebind in a cowhide plonge is a great choice for new leather covers. Strong and elegant with a lusciously soft feel.
Click for larger images. To learn more about how we can personalize your Bible with a name or image, go to our Bible personalization page.
Bible rebind in Exotic Skins
We have worked with numerous exotic skins for Bible rebinding and other custom projects, including python, crocodile, specialty goatskin, alligator, deer, ostrich, lizard, stingray, and zebra. We can source them, or if you have an exotic skin that you want to use, please let us know!
Bible rebind in Faux Skins
We have other skins that are "faux skins" that look like snake, python, crocodile, lizard, zebra and more. Click to enlarge.
Bible rebind in Bonded Leather
Our bonded leathers are a great choice for Bible rebinding because they look, feel and smell like genuine leather at a lesser cost. This is because they are tannery made by a manufacturer producing this product on the same equipment as their genuine leather. The cowhide fibers used to make bonded leathers are from the tanning process when hides are brought to a uniform thickness. The fibers bond with natural latex on unique machinery. As a result, the products are soft and smooth with a true fine leather aroma. Many of our clients rebind Bibles with these products as the new cover materials.
Colors and textures are virtually unlimited. Our bonded leather is among the very best in the industry and is an excellent less expensive option for our customers when Bible rebinding with a new cover.
Please note that for some Bible rebinding projects, we recommend goatskin or genuine leathers for the outside cover. This is especially recommended for flexible study Bibles, because goatskin or genuine leathers are more durable. The durability qualities of genuine leathers are desired when a Bible is traveling or is subjected to repeated use.
Customers love this product to rebind a Bible, especially with a hardcover. How a customer intends to use their Bible is a consideration of selecting the type of new cover material. Bonded leather can be damaged if exposed to excessive direct sunlight and/or excessive heat.
Rebinding Bibles with love and new covers: A Photo Gallery
Bible Rebinding Options and Extras to consider
Explore this page and the Options and Extras page which has more detail.
What Options or Extras do you want with your Bible rebinding service?
- Hard or flex cover?
- Cover material: There is an option to upgrade to beautiful and durable goatskins and cow plonge leathers (recommended).
- Satin page marker ribbons: Customer selects color(s) and the number of ribbons is dependent on the thickness of the book block.
- Foil Stamping and Debossing Options to personalize: Foil Stamp or deboss on the cover or Spine text, names or images. For more information, see our Bible Personalization page.
- Spine bands and Rule lines: Add character and dimension.
- Marriage, Birth and Death genealogy inserts: We have beautiful genealogy pages.
- Upgrade End sheets: We recommend upgrading to a coordinating bonded leather for all study bibles as bonded leather is more durable than the cover stock paper. See other options. We can also replicate damaged original end sheets.
- Torn or damaged interior pages: We can repair bent corners, torn and damaged interior pages. For more information, see Page Repair.
- Missing pages or text: We can recreate portions of missing text or pages.
ASK the Bookbinder:
What is the BEST Bible Rebinding Option or Extra?
The answer to the question really depends on your usage and budget. However, if you are looking for a recommendation, we suggest:
- Upgrade to Goatskin exterior cover: Nothing beats the feel and texture of our Sokoto Goatskin.
- Get an upgraded bonded leather or custom end sheet upgrade: Its a reasonably priced upgrade that we believe has better durability than the standard cover stock paper. It also looks great with the Goatskin or Cowhide Plonge materials. We have a great selection of bonded leather end sheets found in the picture below. For more custom end sheets, please go to our Options and Extras page and click the link for #7 End Sheets.
Bible Rebinding service restores Bible functionality
Our bookbinders will typically perform the following tasks and steps for Bible rebinding to include a new cover:
- Carefully removes the old cover from the book block.
- Meticulously cleans the binding edge of the block, and removes the old glue
- Repairs pages (if the customer has elected these services)
- Inserts any repaired or new pages into the book block.
- Hand sews and/or reinforces the block
- Attaches end sheets
- Trims pages (in the discretion of bookbinder or if requested)
- Sets block in job backer machine and plies edge by hand
- Installs ribbon book markers (if requested)
- Attaches new headbands and applies "super" (a linen type of gauze material) to the binding edge.
- Builds by hand a new cover based on the dimensions of the block.
- "Cases in" the book block into cover.
- Positions the newly covered Bible into one or more book presses for pressing
Our Bible Restoration service can save exterior covers and spines, even those with significant damage
"I couldn't wait to show my Bible to my family today. It is so beautiful since you remade it. I cried when I got in the car and looked through it. It is exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much" Diane