Personalize Bible with a name, date or image on cover or spine. Bible engraving with foil or by blind debossing. Customized Bibles!
There are so many ways we can help personalize Bibles! We encourage customers who bring their study Bibles to us for Bible rebinding to review this page and let us know which of these additional services they want with their Bible repair.
Some of the services, like Bible engraving, can be purchased as stand-alone service. Remember, if you need help, just Contact Us.
Personalize Bible Options
This page is devoted to explaining different options for you to get a personalized Bible. Click on the link to go directly to the section on the topic.
- Bible Engraving (Also known as Bible Imprinting); and
- Rule Lines and Spine Bands
Bible Engraving (Bible Imprinting): Great way to personalize Bible
- Bible engraving with foil stamping or blind debossing: What is the difference?
- What foil colors are available? Click to see Color Options
- What letter fonts are available? Click for Fonts Options
- Where on my Bible can I stamp a name or text? See Red Bible for Location Options
- What images are available to personalize Bible on the front cover? Click "In-house" images for front covers to see available "in-house" images such as "Holy Bible", "Family Bible", Hymnal" and "Common Prayer"
- Do you engrave logos for churches and other organizations? Yes! We can create custom dies with logos to personalize Bible. See Custom dies for Bible engraving
- What if I want to replicate the image on my old or damaged Bible? See Custom dies for Bible engraving
- What images are available to personalize Bible on the spine? Click "In-house" images for the spine to see these smaller "in-house" images
- Blind debossing an image adds beauty to any front cover. To see examples, click Blind debossing Images
What is the difference between Foil Stamping and Blind Debossing?
Foil Stamping (also known as "hot foil stamping" is the application of metallic foil on to a solid surface by application of a heated die onto the foil, making it adhere to the surface below the design of the die. The foil stamp is a permanent process.
This is a great way to get a customized Bible. Imprint letters or images on the top of a cover or spine. Add a name or date. The video shows how we can personalize Bible or any book using foil.
On the other hand, blind debossing is available in virtually every instance as well. Think of it like stamping, but without the foils. In blind debossing, a hot die is pressed into the surface and the heat and pressure leave a recess in the surface materials in the shape of the die. The blind debossing process provides a clean and distinctive or subtle image.
We can foil or blind emboss text, names, images, logos.
Bible Engraving Colors for Bible Personalization
Personalize Bible with our most popular foils in Silver, Copper, Gold and Gun Metal. We have other custom colors available.
Bible Engraving letter Fonts to personalize Bible
Price to Foil Stamp Text
- Foil stamp name or text
- Gold, Silver, Copper or Gun Metal foil colors
- *with purchased repair services
- $26.00 per line as a stand alone service (See us for details)
- Great option to personalize Bible
Price to Blind Deboss Text
- Blind deboss name or text
- can be a good alternative to foil stamping
- *with purchase of repair services
- $26.00 per line if as a stand alone service (See us for details)
- Alternative idea to personalize Bible
The available fonts above are for reference to style and not to point size. Bookbinders will use their discretion in selecting fonts and point size unless otherwise specified and available. Font sizes may be limited for text on the spines as it is dependent on available space on the spine. If you want a date with the text, please be sure to confirm that the font you selected has available numerals. Some do not, and you may need to select another font. If you have any questions on how to personalize Bibles, please consult with our staff.
Where can Bible personalization be located?
The red Bible image below shows several places where engraving can personalize Bible. Just make sure there is enough room!
Personalize Bible by engraving a name on the front cover or spine
Personalize Bible by engraving "In-House" images on the Front Cover (with dimensions)
The following stamp dies are generally available for front cover application. However, please note that there may be additional "In-House" foil stamp selections not shown in the image below that are available.
Personalize Bible by engraving "In-House" images on the Spine (Smaller dimensions)
We will need to discuss your spine foil stamp selection for any images because the available images depend on the size of the spine and the direction of the image. Please consult with our staff if you want a spine foil stamp image. The following stamp dies are available. Please note that there may be additional "In-House" foil stamp selections not shown that are available.
Custom Stamping Dies for Bible Engraving
Bible engraving goes to a new level when we create a custom die. We can create virtually any custom die for your Bible cover or spine. Here is an example. All we need is an image to make a die.
We use computer technology, graphic design and years of bookbinding experience to closely replicate and reproduce nearly identical covers with images and art on original Bible covers. We can also nearly "replicate" the look of your Bible. To learn more see Replicating Bible Exteriors
Ultimate Personalized Bible: Raised Spine Bands and Rule Lines
A beautiful way to customize Bibles is to add raised bands with rule lines! These add character and dimension. The cover material selection can affect the look of the bands caused mostly because of the thickness of the materials.
Cowhide plonge and goatskin are thicker materials than bonded leather. Accordingly, bands have a different look and feel than bands in bonded leather.
A beautiful combination is to combine a natural leather or goatskin and either foil stamp or blind deboss ruled line(s) above and/or below the spine band so the spine band "pops".
Deboss rule lines use the same die, but without the foil. The impressions made above and below the bands look great. Debossing impresses a die into the surface of a material, leaving a depressed (debossed) imprint of the image.
All of these special ways to personalize Bibles are performed by hand and therefore, the number, spacing, and thickness of these features are at the bookbinder's discretion.
Raised Spine Bands
- Add character and dimension
- *combined with rebinding or restoration
Foil Stamp Rule Lines
- Gold, Silver, Copper or Gun Metal
- *combined with purchase of other repair services
- $30.00 as a separate service (See us for details)
Deboss Rule Lines
- Accent lines made by die impression
- *combined with purchase of other repair services
- $30.00 as a seperate service (See us for details)
Examples of Customized Bibles
The raised spine bands illustrated on these Bibles have a slightly different appearance depending on the cover materials used. See the images of the bonded leather Bibles as compared to the Bibles in Cowhide Plonge, Metallic Cowhide Plonge, River Grain Goatskin or Sokoto Goatskin.
If you want spine bands, please let us know if you prefer thick or thin spine bands. If you want us to decide our bookbinders will be happy to do so. Click on the photos for larger images.
Personalized Bible with blind debossing Images
The cross on the front cover of this Bible is debossed. Debossing impresses a die into the surface of a material, leaving a depressed (debossed) imprint of the image. We can deboss many of the cover and spine images above. Its basically foil stamping without the foil!
Personalized Bible by Blind Debossing Images
- Debossing Images on Cover or Spine
- Impressing a die into material leaving imprint of the image
- *when combined with purchase of other repair services
- $32.00 per "in house" image as a stand alone service (See us for details)
"Thank you for rebinding my study bible. Your suggestion of adding my name under my grandmother's name was a great idea. I will be passing this bible on to my newborn grand baby! I hope she receives as much joy and light as I have. Bless you."
Wedding Bible Gift
"Since our Christian Book Store had closed, I searched all over to find someone who could personalize the Bible we were giving our son and his bride for a wedding gift. I found Bellabecho online and called them. They were so kind and helpful making sure the process and every detail would be successful and be what we had envisioned. Time was getting short, but they hurried to make it happen quickly, communicating often to ease my mind. The blind debossing method was used, as recommended. Their expertise turned out a beautiful result and we were able to have it just in time for the wedding, as promised!"
Audrey Bowlin, Findlay, Ohio
We have a large selection of leathers, skins and other materials to rebind your Bible with a beautiful NEW cover
Our Bible Restoration service can save exterior covers and spines, even those with significant damage